We are a long-established High-Street practice looking for a motivated candidate to join our friendly Property team. We have a great opportunity for a qualified legal professional to join our team and to support the Head of Department in the provision of legal services.
The position is Office based (although we are currently remote working due to COVID-19). The individual would need to be able to work within any of our Offices based in Dover, Deal and Sandwich.
In-depth knowledge and experience with Residential Property work as well as Commercial Property expertise: dealing with the assignment of leases on both sales and purchases, grant of new leases, rent deposit deeds, deeds of surrenders, option agreements etc. is required.
- Taking full responsibility for the caseload in accordance with best practice.
- Comply with all firm policies and procedures, as well as CQS requirements.
- Verifying client identification and complying with anti-fraud procedures in accordance with our policies and procedures.
- To provide quotation/estimates to clients with a full breakdown of costs and disbursements as requested.
- Undertake a full file review of all live files at least once a month.
- Ensure that all checklist protocols are adhered to.
- Taking a lead role in client relationship management to maintain the Firm’s existing portfolio of work and to develop new business.
- A minimum of three years strong demonstrable experience as a Residential and Commercial Conveyancer.
- Supporting the firm to deliver a large portfolio of residential work.
- Regularly updating clients as to the current situation of their case.
- Dealing with routine enquiries professionally and promptly to keep clients satisfied and up to date.
- Undertaking an active role in business development and networking.
- Undertake the role of a Residential/Commercial Conveyancer with due diligence at all times and ensuring that the best interests of the client and any mortgage lender.
- To manage a caseload of clients, providing appropriate advice and assistance in accordance with professional standards and internal quality requirements.
- To process cases on a timely and cost-effective basis and in accordance with professional standards and internal quality requirements/the office manual.
- To ensure that billing is dealt with efficiently and promptly and that outstanding balances are collected as soon as feasible.
- To develop and maintain good client and commercial contact relationships and enhance the firm’s client base by effective liaison with clients/agents.
- To use the correct procedures and systems in order to manage cases effectively and in accordance with the firm’s standards and legal requirements.
- To manage own work allocation, productivity and quality of work with minimum supervision.
Job Type: Full-time or Part-time hours can be considered
- New build: 3 years minimum
- Leasehold: 3 years minimum
- Freehold: 3 years minimum
Salary dependent upon experience.
If you are interested in joining us, please email your CV and a covering note to
Please note, unsolicited applications from Recruitment Agencies will not be considered at this stage.