Experienced Family Fee Earner
A qualified legal professional is required for our long-standing and well established High Street firm. We are looking for a highly motivated candidate to join our friendly Family team.
The position is Office based (although we are currently remote working due to COVID19). The individual would need to be able to work within any of our Offices based in Dover, Deal and Sandwich.
The firm is contracted with the Legal Aid Agency. We hold the Specialist Quality Mark. Within our department we have the following accreditations:
- Family Law Accreditation
- Children Panel Accreditation
- Resolution Accredited Specialist
Legal Aid experience is desired by not essential.
The individual will be required to work independently, managing a full case including but not limited to: Divorce Proceedings, Separation and Civil Partnership matters, Matrimonial finances and the Private Law Children Act.
- Taking full responsibility for the caseload with best practice.
- Compliance with all firms policies and procedures, as well as SQM requirements.
- Verifying client identification and complying with anti-fraud procedures in accordance with our policies and procedures.
- To provide cost estimates/quotations to clients with a full breakdown of costs and disbursements as requested.
- Undertake a full file review of all live files at least once a month.
- Taking a lead role in client relationship management to maintain the Firm’s existing portfolio of work and to develop new business.
- Regularly updating clients as to the current situation of their case.
- Dealing with enquiries from clients effectively, efficiently, professionally and promptly.
- Undertake the role of a family legal professional with due diligence at all times and ensuring that the best interests of the client.
- To manage an agreed caseload of clients, providing appropriate advice and assistance in accordance with professional standards and internal quality requirements.
- To process cases on a timely and cost-effective basis and in accordance with professional standards and internal quality requirements.
- To ensure that billing is dealt with promptly and that outstanding balances are collected as soon as feasible.
- To develop and maintain good client relationships and enhance the client base of the firm by effective liaison with clients.
- To use the correct procedures and systems in order to manage cases effectively and in accordance with the firm’s standards and legal requirements.
- To manage own work allocation, productivity and quality of work with minimum supervision.
Job Type: Full-time or Part-time hours can be considered.
Experience: at least 3 years PQE.
Salary dependent upon experience.
If you are interested in joining us, please email your CV and a covering note to
Please note, unsolicited applications from Recruitment Agencies will not be considered at this stage.